Wednesday 4 January 2012

2012 Performance Targets

Most years I set a few targets to make sure that I do not slack and do things that take me out of work mode.  I assumed on retiring a couple of years ago that this would mean lots more time to do these things without spending 65 - 70 hours a week at work. Well it doesn't really work out that way as will be apparent from my 2011 targets - although to be fair I did set the bar quite high in some areas not realising that I would spend so much time working.

So 2012 will hopefully bring more time to be active and run, walk, cycle and travel but that depends on taking the initiative and focusing my energy better.  So here is the list with progress defined through green - on or above of target, orange - slightly below target, red - not meeting targets. As at 31/12/12:
  1. 24 books 
  2. 60 blog posts - managed to complete 82, the Scottish Hill Blogs are now getting a lot of hits
  3. 50 munros - made it just 
  4. 20 corbetts - climbed 15, my best year yet but need to be more focused on the corbets
  5. 500 miles of running - 1172 miles completed, the best since 1993 and more than 100 miles in 9 months 
  6. 1000 miles of cycling probably achieved 250 - 300 miles but rebuilt 2 bikes
  7. 40 days of work About 25 days in aggregate but after the last 2 years more like retirement. I am also completing a certificate in Mentoring which has taken quite a bit of time.
  8. 3 new cities Vienna, London and Sheffield - the latter two getting to know again   
  9. 6 weeks holiday just managed it with 2 holidays in Scotland, Lake District, France and Vienna
  10. 2 long distance walks - West Highland Way and started Rob Roy Way
  11. Welsh or Irish 3000' hills - managed the Three Peaks Event 
  12. Complete Shetland Marilyns - only one to go but sadly I never made it up to Shetland
Certainly feel a lot fitter after all the running and a decent number of days walking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks