Sunday 21 March 2010

Running Again??



After 133 days without a run, following the damage to my right sciatic nerve caused by an over-enthusiastic day of patio building in November, I finally ran again this morning. Not very far, just one mile. But I kept going and felt no worse for the outing, although it was not far enough or fast enough to release any endorphins. The visceral pleasure was mainly from retrieving my favourite Asics running shoes from the rumble layer of the wardrobe and knowing that I would be adding to the 22,873 miles that I had recorded since I started training for the Glasgow marathon in 1983.

The next step will be to make a new playlist to accompany my first proper run - 12 of my favourite running tunes for an attempt on 6 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks