Tuesday 28 August 2012

New Camera

Cosmos
My new compact camera arrived this morning, an Olympus XZ1. It has good reviews, a top rated lens and the price has dropped in recent weeks. The last camera, a Lumix TZ8, was only two years old. It had taken over 8000 photographs and went everywhere with me but the lens got scratched. It certainly achieved a lot more than all those 35mm cameras that had seen me through the 1970's, 1980's and 1990's. They had weighed me down, the films often waiting for months before being developed and then costing a fortune. My all time favourite camera nevertheless remains the Pentax ME Super.

The test shot was on Cosmos in the garden which we have grown each year since walking through harmonious meadows of Cosmos in the Ardeche a few years ago. We will be back there in our favourite corner of France next month after a tour through the Midi Pyrenees.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks