Thursday 30 November 2023

Gullipen in the moonshine

Loch Venachar and Ben Ledi
29 November 2023

I had a meeting in the morning so could not take advantage of the glorious frosty but sunny morning for my daily exercise. With my car going in for its annual service and MoT the next morning I would be carless for a day or two so unable to get to the hills. By late afternoon I was itching to get out so headed for Ben Gullipen at 4 p.m. The light was fading fast but the moon was on the rise and it wasn’t a bad one as it lit up the horizon over Callander. 

The light conditions were perfect, I was chasing my magnified moon shadow up the hill. The solitude of an evening walk required no headtorch as the moon had the strength of many million of candles as Rod Gilbert might have quipped. This evening exercise in the dark malarkey could catch on and provide an alternative to my early morning exercise sessions that have been the norm for the last ten years.

Moonrise over Callander

Looking southwest towards Arran at sunset


A moonlit Ben Ledi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks